Jamaica’s beach soccer team has advanced to the quarter finals of the CONCACAF Beach Soccer Championships despite going down 3-2 to hosts Bahamas earlier in Nassau. The Jamaicans got their goals through Rohan Reid and Daemion Benjamin. Captain Andre Reid said that it was a really tough game. “I said to my coach earlier today that this is a game where if they beat us, it has to be a referee’s decision and it came right down to that,” he said. The Jamaicans conceded a free kick in the third minute of the game and Reid describes it as being like giving up a penalty, because of the size of the playing area and how close it was to goal. “We still go through even though we were playing to top the group but now we’ll just wait for the draw tomorrow and use the day to rest,” Reid told The Gleaner. The Bahamians have won the group with 7 points and the Jamaicans finished runners up, tied on 3 points with Guyana but advanced with a better goal difference. Belize have finished in last place on 1 point. The Beach Boyz will play their quarter final match on Friday, although they do not yet know their opponents.
Chito Victolero and the Magnolia Hotshots remember things perfectly well, bitter memories against Barangay Ginebra driving their upset machine in their PBA Governors’ Cup’s Final Four clash.With a defensive game that refuses to budge an inch and an efficient offense that has befuddled the Gin Kings, the Hotshots took a 2-0 lead over the defending champions with a 101-97 victory on Monday night at Smart Araneta Coliseum.ADVERTISEMENT Justin Brownlee scored 31 points but the Hotshots defense limited Ginebra twin towers Greg Slaughter and Japeth Aguilar to a combined 29 points.In the other series, Alaska will try to bounce back from a 92-97 Game 1 loss to prevent Meralco from reaching the Finals for the third straight season.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Gretchen Barretto’s daughter Dominique graduates magna cum laude from California college LATEST STORIES Gov’t to employ 6,000 displaced by Taal Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Will you be the first P16 Billion Powerball jackpot winner from the Philippines? “My players still remember that, we were 2-0 in the Philippine Cup (semifinals last year),” Victolero said. “That is our inspiration—to get that third win. We experienced that before. And we don’t want that happening again.”Ginebra rallied in that series to win it in seven games, but this being a shorter series, the Hotshots have three chances to make a title playoff appearance for the second time this year against either Meralco or Alaska.The Bolts lead the series, 1-0.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSJapeth Aguilar wins 1st PBA Finals MVP award for GinebraSPORTSGolden State Warriors sign Lee to multiyear contract, bring back Chriss“Being 2-0 up in a best-of-five series is nothing until you win the third game,” Victolero said after getting 25 points, 12 rebounds and seven assists from import Romeo Travis and 17 points from Ian Sangalang.“We need three wins to make the Finals and we will prepare harder for Game 3.”The potential series-clinching match is slated Wednesday also at the Big Dome. Allen Durham still determined to help Meralco win 1st PBA title Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew View comments Tim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crown Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Japeth Aguilar embraces role, gets rewarded with Finals MVP plum Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil Meralco still alive and kicking MOST READ
…aims to tackle fatherless homesBy Rennella BourneIn efforts to combat the high number of fatherless homes, the Leo Club of Georgetown in collaboration with the Men’s Affairs Bureau of the Social Protection Ministry launched the “U turn” project on Saturday (yesterday).A section of the gathering at the launch of the “U Turn” projectThe project launched at St Stanislaus College, is aimed at equipping men between the ages of 17 and 27, with skills, knowledge and resources to become better fathers to their children and better men in their communities.The newly-elected president of the Leo Club of Georgetown, Reedel James, told those gathered that he is pleased they have an interest in the topic because in society many are accustomed to living in homes dominated by women, and grandparents playing the role of absent fathers.U-Turn is a pilot project that is attempting to focus on three main areas where they believe young men that are fathers can better equip themselves for parenthood using three pillars which are to: be present, be a provider, and be a father.Phase one of the project commenced on Saturday with life skills training addressing social, psychological and attitudinal factors associated with the use of legal and illegal substances.Phase One also provides knowledge that will enhance the development of basic skills, personal competence, educational and job skills.Speaking to this publication James noted that he wanted the club to do something that was more voluntarism.“I came up with the idea of U-turn, along with the help of my colleagues, and after it was discussed we began planning.”James further added that the project is not tackling any specific community. He said the project is catering for as many men who are willing to participate in the three sessions of the project.Phases two and three will be held at the National Library which will be delving into Family Law and parenting skills in the upcoming Saturdays.
And lastly, there was one entry in the Ladies Traditional, as Susan Davis was the lone participant.The next event for the New Totem Archery Club takes place June 1 and 2. There were a number of different skill levels and age groups taking part in the shoot. In the Bantam category, first was Anne Marie Barette, second was Kaleen Hynes, and in third place was Joshua De Bruyn.In the Juniors group, Brooks Robinson took home first place, second spot went to Kalum Reed, while Sam Barrett wrapped up the top three.For the Future Bow Hunters category, in first place was Dan Hampler, second place went to Jack Frochuck, Justin Lawson was third.- Advertisement -In the Men’s Traditional, Gill Davis took the top spot, Leonard Bartsch finished second, and Lorne McBeth was third.For the Men’s Bow Hunter Release group, first was Shayne Reed, second was Spencer Davies, and Jeremy Brown took the third spot. Over on the ladies side in the Bow Hunter Release, Julie Bouck took the top honours, Susan Lawson finished second, and Ruby Mannila took third place. Advertisement
Those taking part in the event will have two breakfasts as part of their registration and two dinners. Also included is musical entertainment Saturday night and crystal trophies for the top gross and net winners. A variety of prizes will be handed out. The flight prizes will be golf related prizes consisting of drivers, fairway woods, putters, hybrids, and bags. Everybody taking part will be leaving with some sort of draw prize. The draw prizes range from televisions, to barbecues and more golf related items. There’s still room for about 10 more golfers for the event. Those wanting to take part can call the Lone Wolf Golf Club at 250-789-3711.- Advertisement –
Christie would not comment on the identities of the four other men in the video or say whether they are considered suspects. But he said the investigation was still going on. Authorities said one of the defendants, Tatar, worked at his father’s pizzeria and made deliveries to the base, using the opportunity to scout out Fort Dix for an attack. In an interview with AP on Wednesday, Tatar’s father, Muslim Tatar, 54, denied that his son had made deliveries to Fort Dix. However, Christie said the younger Tatar spoke of delivering pizzas on the tapes made by informants.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! NEWARK, N.J. – Federal authorities said Wednesday that the Muslim men suspected of plotting to massacre U.S. soldiers at Fort Dix were on the verge of carrying out their plan when they were arrested this week. “I think they were in the last stage of planning,” U.S. Attorney Christopher Christie said. “They had training, they had maps, and I think they were very close to moving on this. “Our view was they had pretty much gotten to concluding the planning phase of this and were looking to obtain heavy weaponry – and if not from us, they were going to try to obtain it elsewhere.” Members of the group were arrested Monday night in Cherry Hill, N.J., as they tried to buy AK-47 and M-16 assault rifles and other weapons from an FBI informant, authorities said. The men – four born in the former Yugoslavia, one from Jordan and one from Turkey – lived in Philadelphia and its suburbs with their immediate and extended families. Three were roofers, one drove a cab, and the two others worked at food businesses. The six – Mohamad Ibrahim Shnewer, 22; Dritan Duka, also called Anthony or Tony Duka, 28; Shain Duka, 26; Eljvir “Elvis” Duka, 23; Serdar Tatar, 23; and Agron Abdullahu, 24 – were ordered held without bail. Three were in the United States illegally; two had green cards allowing them to stay in this country permanently; and the sixth is a naturalized U.S. citizen. Abdullahu was familiar with Fort Dix because it was the first place he landed when arriving in the United States as a refugee from Kosovo, according to a law enforcement officials who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity. The United States allowed thousands of refugees into the United States after it intervened in the 1998-99 Kosovo war. Abdullahu arrived at Fort Dix as a teenager in 1999 as part of a group of about 4,400 refugees from Kosovo, officials said. The investigation began more than a year ago after a New Jersey store clerk was asked to transfer a videotape onto a DVD. The tape showed 10 men shooting weapons at a firing range and calling for jihad, prosecutors said. The 10 included the six men under arrest, authorities said.
“The panel has concluded the proponent has not fully demonstrated a need for the project. And they mention there are alternative sources of power at similar or somewhat higher costs, notably geothermal“.The Joint Review Panel put forward 50 recommendations for the project if it is to proceed. Chief Roland Wilson with the Moberly First Nation says the most notable recommendation is the need for a cumulative affects assessment. “Whether or not Site C goes forward that B.C. needs to do a cumulative affects assessment up here because the amount of activity happening on the land”.One of the key arguments against Site C is the loss of farmland if the valley is flooded. The Joint Review Panel said by itself and in the context of B.C. or western Canadian agricultural production, the loss is not significant.- Advertisement -Morison says they had agricultural economists testify before the panel who said this land is significant. “And they told the panel that this land is very important for the future of British Columbia”. The Provincial and Federal Governments will now have 120 days to decide if the project receives environmental certification. Then the Provincial Government will make the final investment decision before the end of 2014.
Cheick Tiote Cheick Tiote has piled more pressure onto under-fire boss Alan Pardew after declaring he wants to leave Newcastle.The 28-year-old midfielder has confessed he plans to move away from the Magpies in the January transfer window and confirmed he has already held talks with Premier League rivals Arsenal.Tiote, who joined the Toon in August 2010 from Twente in a £3.5 million deal, was persuaded by Pardew to stay at St James’ Park in the summer but it now looks likely he will leave the club.He said: “I want to leave Newcastle – I need to look for a new challenge.“I will focus on the upcoming games but let’s see what happens.“It’s true there’s been contact for me from Arsenal. A club in Russia is also keen – but I prefer to stay in England.” 1
LANCASTER – A rising star on the local lecture circuit is Richard Grego, whose blueprint for a happy marriage is meant to teach couples how to find true and eternal love. Grego, who lived around the world as a boy with his family and now is a court interpreter in three languages, speaks at clubs and churches about how femininity and masculinity are key factors in “the building of God- guided choices for lifetime bliss.” “The path to this discovery has taken me a lifetime of contemplation, observation, experience, faith and the desire to finally understand the true nature of the love between a man and a woman,” said Grego, 55, of Lancaster. Grego believes a couple must find the “spatial-temporal” aspects of male and female. Space is the realm of the male while the female deals in time, he says. The father of three daughters and a son, he is single at the moment, but he harbors the certainty in his mind that his true mate will be directed to him at just the right time and place, if it is God’s will. “That may not be in my future,” he said, “but if she’s out there for me, if I’m patient and wait, I’ll find her.” Grego, who speaks English, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese, has been a Superior Court interpreter for 30 years. He loves his work and, through some of it, has seen the devastation caused by the marital failures. “Because of my own mistakes, I understand what is going on with them and it saddens me. I desperately want to help everyone in those situations to turn their lives around and have happy relationships,” he said. He’s available for lectures and seminars. For more information call him at (661) 949-2559. This column disseminates news of interest to seniors of all ages. Bettie Rencoret may be contacted at (661) 943-2998, or messages may be left at the Antelope Valley Bureau Daily News offices, (661) 267-5742. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORECasino Insider: Here’s a look at San Manuel’s new high limit rooms, Asian restaurant “For instance, a man may ask a woman to have dinner with him. He will then formulate in his mind where he will take her but he suggests that she set the time. He likes to choose the place because that’s where he’s coming from (spatial). Usually she is good with that because it leaves her in her own temporal element,” he said. “A woman must be truly feminine and a man must be truly masculine in order for them to achieve a love-nurturing goal,” he said. “Each has power in his or her own right and the necessary balance does not come from equality but from equivalence. The quality of a relationship is what one makes of it.” Grego was born Dec. 18, 1950, in Covina, but grew up in Costa Rica, Turkey and Nicaragua. His Italian father worked for the United States Department of Health and traveled with his family to those countries to help eradicate malaria. From the time of Richard’s birth, he spoke Italian to his son and exposed him to the wonders of opera. When he was in his twenties, Grego’s parents retired in Costa Rica and he repatriated. “I’ve been married and divorced and had several relationships but I didn’t understand what it was that I wanted to do with my life until I realized how shallow I had been, confessed my shortcomings and asked for God’s forgiveness and guidance,” he said.
A CO Donegal priest is due to appear in court in the North charged with indecently assaulting a girl more than 20 years ago.Father Eugene Boland, 65, from Moville, faces four charges relating to alleged assaults on the girl in Derry between June 1990 and June 1992.The priest is on a leave of absence from his position as PP in Killyclogher in Co Tyrone. Fr Boland is a native of Moville and was ordained in St Pius X Church there in 1973. A preliminary enquiry into the case at Derry Magistrates Court is due to go ahead.© 2011 donegaldaily.com, all Rights ReservedThe copying, republication or redistribution of donegaldaily.com Content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited by law.Follow us on www.twitter.com/donegaldailyFollow us on www.facebook.com/donegaldailyCO DONEGAL PRIEST DUE IN COURT ON INDECENT ASSAULT CHARGES was last modified: January 3rd, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:father eugene boland