Murdered 3-year-old died from stab wound to the heart

first_img…CC&PA claims 3 visits made to family…mother likely for court todayA post-mortem examination performed on the body of three-year-old Ramdeo Ferriera who was brutally killed by his mother, died as a result of a stab wound to his heart. This was the finding of pathologist, Dr Nehaul Singh, who conducted the autopsy on Monday at the Georgetown Public Hospital.Brenda Ferriera stabbed her three-year-old to deathThe lad of Lot 585 15th Street, Foulis, East Coast Demerara, was stabbed to death by his 26-year-old pregnant mother on Saturday after she allegedly had a dream that she would die. She told Police that if that was the case, she did not want her favourite child to be left behind.The Police stated that on Saturday, the woman began pursuing the hapless lad in the yard with a knife in her hand.A few minutes later, ranks at the Enmore Police Outpost received a report that the child had been stabbed by his mother; and upon arriving at the scene, they found the child lying unconscious in a pool of blood with suspected stab wounds to his neck and back.He was rushed to the Georgetown Public Hospital (GPHC) where he succumbed to his injuries about three hours later. At the time of the stabbing, the child’s father, Shamlall Mahadeo, was at work and upon receiving the news, he rushed home only to find a blood-stained bed and no one at home.Based on reports received, the woman would usually neglect the children when the father was at work and this, neighbours stated, would lead to constant arguments between the couple. The aggrieved father told media operatives that his reputed wife started to act in an abnormal manner days prior to the incident.He recalled lodging a report at the Enmore Police Station about her behaviour, but the ranks never visited the home until Saturday after the child was stabbed.CC&PA visitsAfter the incident, neighbours blamed themselves for not intervening in the situation at an early stage. It was reported that the woman was reported to the Child Care and Protection Agency (CC&PA) for child neglect, but the officers visited once when no one was at home and never returned.This claim was refuted by Director of the Agency, Ann Greene who told Guyana Times that the officers would have received the first report on December 18, 2017 and a team travelled up to the area only to find that the house was locked. Upon enquiring, the officers were reportedly told that the family had moved.CC&PA officers, she noted, revisited the area on January 18, 2018 and it was the same case. The final visit was made on May 2, 2018 and the house was still locked.In addition, Greene stated that they leant of the abnormal behaviour of the mother until after the child was killed.With respect to the older child who witnessed the stabbing, Greene posited that he is in the care of relatives and the Agency will be making periodic checks to make sure that he is safe. The child, Guyana Times understands, will be counselled.On the other hand, following the incident, several psychologists have called from the woman to be psychologically evaluated since it could be that she suffered from some form of mental illness but her reputed husband for five years claimed that she was never diagnosed with a mental disorder and could not tell what might have triggered her action.Court appearanceMeanwhile, the woman, Brenda Ferriera, is likely to make her court appearance today at the Cove and John Magistrate’s Court. A Police source told Guyana Times that the file is completed and will be sent to the Director of Public Prosecutions for advice.“Once the file is returned, the suspect will be taken to court to answer to a murder charge,” the source stated.The dead lad leaves to mourn his dad and four-year-old brother whom he was excited to join at his nursery school when the new school year began.last_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *