Rabat – Spanish news outlets are widely reporting that King Felipe VI of Spain will arrive in Morocco this week.Melilla Hoy wrote that the Spanish King and his wife, Queen Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano, are set to arrive in Morocco on February 13 for a two-day visit.The visit, according to Spanish media, has been on the royal agenda since 2016 but has been postponed several times. Despite the postponement of the visits, King Felipe VI expressed satisfaction with the Moroccan-Spanish diplomatic ties.Spain and Morocco maintain a strong diplomatic ties. The prime minister of the Iberian country said as much during his first official visit to Morocco in November 2018.King Felipe VI spoke positively about the strategic ties in July 2018 at the 5th World Congress of Middle East Studies.“The relations between Morocco and Spain are strategic because we are neighbors who have shared concerns and who face common challenges and threats that we can transform into opportunities for close cooperation together with will and determination,” he said.Read Also: Spanish Media: King Felipe VI’s Visit to Morocco is a PriorityHe also said that the two countries’ strategic bonds are based on “mutual trust, respect, and cultural affinity.”The Spanish monarchs made their last visit to Morocco in 2014. King Mohammed VI and Princess Lalla Salma received them in an iftar attended by more than 300 guests.In addition to their strong diplomatic ties, Morocco and Spain are also strong business partners.According to data from the European Statistics Office, Moroccan exports to Spain increased by 5.4 percent during the first 11 months of 2018 compared to the same period in 2017.Read Also; 2030 World Cup: Portugal Has Not Received Trio Bid Proposal from Spain2018/Moroccan imports of Spanish goods also recorded an increase of 2.6 percent from a year before.
MONTREAL — Stella-Jones Inc.’s second-quarter sales revenue was down slightly from a year ago but the Quebec-based manufacturer of treated wood products says it’s pleased with the results given short-term challenges that it faced.The company’s net income increased to $52.3 million or 76 cents per share in the quarter ended June 30, up from $58.1 million or 69 cents per share in the 2018 second quarter.Sales dipped to $661.8 million from $662.3 million, boosted by an $18.2 million positive impact from currency conversion.Stella-Jones says the quarter’s challenges included temporary delays in shipments of railway ties and the impact of wet weather on sales of residential lumber.Sales of utility poles, on the other hand, were up due to higher sales prices, increased volume and the currency effect.Analysts had estimated $682.8 million of revenue and 80 cents per share of adjusted net income, according to financial markets data firm Refinitiv.Companies in this story: (TSX:SJ)The Canadian Press
AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to RedditRedditShare to 電子郵件Email by Pat Eaton-Robb, The Associated Press Posted Nov 3, 2014 2:24 pm MDT HARTFORD, Conn. – A company that helps businesses handle personnel issues denies it forced one if its Connecticut employees out of his job after it was discovered he’d posed nude in Playgirl magazine.Durham resident Daniel Sawka filed a federal civil rights lawsuit last year against Roseland, New Jersey-based ADP Inc. alleging sexual harassment. The company responded Monday.Sawka worked as a sales manager. He says he was subjected to jokes and ridicule at work after at least one co-worker discovered he’d posed nude in the 1990s in a lumberjack-themed spread for Playgirl and found the photos online. He says the conditions became so intolerable he was forced to leave the job in 2011.He’s seeking damages for lost pay.The company says in its response it “exercised reasonable care to prevent and correct promptly any alleged harassing behaviour.” Firm denies it forced Connecticut man from job because he posed in Playgirl lumberjack spread