There’s A Big Update In Kelly Bryant’s Transfer From Clemson

first_imgKelly Bryant #2 of the Clemson Tigers reacts after his team scores a touchdown against the South Carolina Gamecocks during their game at Williams-Brice Stadium.COLUMBIA, SC – NOVEMBER 25: Kelly Bryant #2 of the Clemson Tigers reacts after his team scores a touchdown against the South Carolina Gamecocks during their game at Williams-Brice Stadium on November 25, 2017 in Columbia, South Carolina. (Photo by Streeter Lecka/Getty Images)It appears that we’re a step closer to the eventual Kelly Bryant transfer from Clemson.The Tigers’ quarterback situation got even more interesting on Saturday, during a narrow home win over Syracuse.Trevor Lawrence left the game early after taking a big hit from Orange defensive back Evan Foster. With Bryant off the roster, the job fell to Chase Brice, and a dynamic Clemson rushing attack, to lead the Tigers back from a two score deficit to win the game.The injury looked like it might be a rough one at the time, but Dabo Swinney has expressed optimism about Lawrence’s status ahead of a game against Wake Forest. The former five-star recruit is expected to play.After the injury, some speculated about the Kelly Bryant transfer status, but he is not going to return to the team.According to Rivals’ Woody Wommack, Bryant has received his released from the program.A source close to the situation tells me that Kelly Bryant received his release papers from Clemson today and will now begin communicating with college coaches. Bryant has already graduated but schools were hesitant to contact him directly until he had the written release.— Woody Wommack (@RivalsWoody) October 3, 2018As Wommack notes, Bryant is already a Clemson graduate, which allows him to play next year for what will likely be a wide array of teams. Now, he can begin that process.Among the many schools that have been floated as potential landing spots for Bryant are Auburn, FAU, Florida State, NC State, Ole Miss, Penn State, Syracuse, and Wisconsin.Some of those seem realistic. Others are fun to think about, but make less sense.Wherever he winds up, we should find out in the coming months.last_img read more

4×4 set on fire at Quinn plant in Cavan

first_imgHe said that the strategy of those that carried out the attack is to  strike fear into employees and to “discourage any genuine prospective acquirers of our businesses”.GovernmentO’Brien said that the group are planning to meet the Governments, north and south of the border, to “agree on measures to stop these attacks and to bring the perpetrators and, more importantly, their sponsors, to justice”.He added that “the international investment world an impression of lawlessness is being created by these attacks which has the potential to have serious negative impact for the island as a whole and the border region in particular”.He concluded by stating that the attack last night was on the employees – “on their lives and livelihoods – and on the local community”.Gardaí  are investigating the attack and are appealing for the public to come forward with any information.No arrests have yet been made.This is the latest attack on premises previously owned by Seán Quinn.Additional reporting Christina Finn. Originally published 8.45am.Read: Petrol bombs thrown outside former Quinn property in Fermanagh>Read: Bus set on fire outside Quinn Group property> Updated 19.05pmA 4×4 WAS driven into the Quinn packaging plant in Cavan last night.At around 9 pm the 4×4 went through the security fence and was set on fire.The two men who were in the vehicle also set fire to the foyer of the building causing extensive damage.The pair then fled the scene of the Ballyconnell plant in a black estate type car.Emergency services were called to deal with the fire. Nobody was injured but there was extensive smoke damage.‘Reckless’The CEO of the packaging plant at Ballyconnell, Paul O’Brien, said that the attack was “reckless in the extreme”.In a statement this evening, he claimed the “fire bomb vehicle” was driven into an area that is used by employees throughout the night. “It was only by good fortune that no one was injured,” he said.He added:I want to make it very clear to all involved that my resolve and that of my management team, the Board of our Group and our owners and investors, is only strengthened by these attacks the most recent of which are designed to prevent the sale of any of the Group’s assets.We have a clear objective to protect, maximise and, over time, realise the value in the businesses for our owners; we will not be deterred from this objective.last_img read more