AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to RedditRedditShare to 電子郵件Email by Pat Eaton-Robb, The Associated Press Posted Nov 3, 2014 2:24 pm MDT HARTFORD, Conn. – A company that helps businesses handle personnel issues denies it forced one if its Connecticut employees out of his job after it was discovered he’d posed nude in Playgirl magazine.Durham resident Daniel Sawka filed a federal civil rights lawsuit last year against Roseland, New Jersey-based ADP Inc. alleging sexual harassment. The company responded Monday.Sawka worked as a sales manager. He says he was subjected to jokes and ridicule at work after at least one co-worker discovered he’d posed nude in the 1990s in a lumberjack-themed spread for Playgirl and found the photos online. He says the conditions became so intolerable he was forced to leave the job in 2011.He’s seeking damages for lost pay.The company says in its response it “exercised reasonable care to prevent and correct promptly any alleged harassing behaviour.” Firm denies it forced Connecticut man from job because he posed in Playgirl lumberjack spread
One peacekeeper from Malawi was killed and another wounded during a heavy exchange of fire when the Ugandan rebel Allied Democratic Forces (ADF) attacked a base of the UN Organization Stabilization Mission in DRC (MONUSCO) in Makembi in North Kivu province, in the east of the vast country.Four national Congolese soldiers and a number of civilians were also killed in two other ADF attacks in the area. “The Secretary-General calls for swift action to bring the perpetrators of these attacks to justice,” a statement from his spokesman said. “He is extremely concerned by the series of attacks by the ADF in North Kivu, which have already resulted in more than 500 known civilian deaths since October 2014. Such attacks on civilians are a clear violation of international human rights and humanitarian law,” it added, reiterating UN commitment support the DRC authorities in neutralizing the armed groups.Earlier this month, the UN Security Council today called for the elimination of local and foreign armed groups, including ADF, which have for decades devastated the eastern regions of the DRC, urging the immediate resumption of joint operations between the UN peacekeeping force’s Intervention Brigade and the national army.In a separate statement, the Council also strongly condemned the attack and called on the Government of the DRC to swiftly investigate the incident and bring the perpetrators to justice.Underlining that attacks targeting peacekeepers may constitute war crimes under international law, the Council also strongly condemned the repeated attacks perpetrated against civilians by the ADF in North Kivu. Council members further stressed the utmost importance of neutralizing, once and for all, all armed groups in the DRC and called for the urgent resumption of operations against these groups.The members of the Security Council reiterated their support to MONUSCO and called on all parties to cooperate fully with the mission and to remain committed to the full and objective implementation of the mission’s mandate.