RelatedPosts Napoli Coach: Osimhen young lad with old brain Osimhen, Napoli bow to COVID-19 Breaking: Ighalo blocked Osimhen’s Man U move — Brother Fast rising Nigerian striker, Victor Osimhen, has been voted LOSC Lille player of the season.Osimhen, who joined the French side during summer transfer, latched in 18 goals in 31 games for the French giants. Clubs from English Premier League, Italian Serie A and Spanish La Liga are all angling for the signature of the talented Nigerian forward.Napoli, Tottenham Hotspur, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United are amongst some of the top clubs that have been linked to Osimhen.Just at the weekend, another Nigerian player, Moses Simon, and Osimhen were listed among those in contention for Best African Player in Ligue 1 in the 2019/2020 season.The award, called Prix Marc-Vivien Foé, is in honour of the late Cameroonian star, Marc-Vivien Foé, who slumped and died during a Confederation Cup in the late 1990s.Meanwhile, Lille President, Gerard Lopez, has now confirmed that the club has indeed received multiple offers for Osimhen and revealed that the numbers being reported in the media were accurate. Speaking to Daily Mail, Lopez said: “There are multiple offers (for Osimhen).“We turned down one English and one Spanish offer this January transfer window.“There is a wide array (this summer) and I wouldn’t want to give the names of the clubs who are bidding, but what I can tell you is that there are multiple (offers).“There are three championships that have clubs that have bid for him.“I am not being a sales guy because last year people didn’t believe that we had the offers we had with (Nicolas) Pepe and it turns out we had multiple of them. “Let me tell you with Osimhen, it is the same thing, whatever number you heard, the high number I have read is very much on the money of the offers that we have received.“That’s where we are.”Tags: LOSC Lille FCOffersPlayer of the SeasonSummer TransferVictor Osimhen
Ogier’s former employers Citroen have already announced their driver line-up for 2017, as have South Korean outfit Hyundai.That leaves the French ace with a possible move to Toyota or Ford.Ogier and his teammates enjoyed a phenomenal success rate with the Polo, winning 42 of the 51 rallies they competed in with 621 best times in special stages.“The team has done great things,” said VW Motorsport director Sven Smeets.“At the same time, our vision is firmly ahead, because we are aware of the great challenges facing the entire company,” added Smeets.“From now on, the focus is on upcoming technologies in motorsport and on our customer sports range.”News of VW’s decision to turn their back on rallying comes eight days after they agreed to pay US suppliers $1.2 billion to settle claims emanating from the Dieselgate pollution scandal.Share on: WhatsApp Wolfsburg, Germany | AFP | Volkswagen, world champions for the past four years with Sebastien Ogier, said Wednesday they are withdrawing from the world rally championship dealing a major blow to the series.The German auto giants, reeling from the Dieselgate scandal, announced last week that luxury brand Audi was pulling out of Le Mans and the endurance world championship to concentrate on Formula E.The shock withdrawal means that Ogier, who has already secured the 2016 title, along with other team drivers Finland’s Jari-Matti Latvala and Norwegian Andreas Mikkelsen are jobless.But Ogier at least seemed confident.“I feel so sorry for my fantastic team. We had four outstanding years! Thanks for their passion and support! Don’t worry about me, we’ll see us again,” Ogier said on Twitter.The Volkswagen board decided on the rally withdrawal at a meeting on Tuesday at the Wolfsburg headquarters.“The commitment to the FIA world rally championship is coming to an end after four historically successful years, in which Volkswagen won WRC titles in the driver, co-driver and manufacturer rankings in a row with the Polo R,” the company said in a statement.Since their arrival in 2013 VW have enjoyed unprecedented WRC success with Frenchman Ogier driving to four consecutive world titles to go with the constructor’s honours.